Every group shares a commonality such as a vision; common purpose or bond. One thus associates with those who have the same ideals and dreams.
Disassociation from some people can often be misjudged as snobbery or even arrogance. How do you ensure that you connect with like minded individuals, in a world where conformity is the common denominator?
· Decide who you are, by your own definition (victorious/focused, etc).
· Create a positive mantra (specifically for moments when you feel unsure!) eg. ‘I believe there’s much more to the world than that which I know’ NOT ‘I am the boss’
· Talk to people, in order to draw like minded individuals into your space
· Create quality groups, have discussions about new ideas and concepts in order to expand your view of the world
· Be prepared to be corrected and learn from someone who might be more knowledgeable
· Create a hunger for knowledge
· Choose a subject or issue that you are passionate about and expand your knowledge
There is a definite a reason why the ‘the road less trodden’ looks desolate, not everyone has the courage to risk being different.
The knowledge attained in school is not always retained, but that which we explore through our own curiosity is kept for a lifetime. Being part of circle of people who are eager to learn and share, exposes us to different viewpoints and interpretations and most of all, makes us realise that we do not know it all!
Assess your growth strategy:
· Who are you hanging with?
· What do you talk to people about?
· Have you identified a field you are passionate about?
· Have you set short, interim and long term plans?
· Do you plans involve action or are they still an intentions?
Lions associate with lions, with pride because they know who and what they are!
Evaluate your circle, eliminate the negative and illuminate the positive!