I love bread! That is, carb-heavy, handmade, love made bread…
But, my body is at the stage where it stores more calories than it burns. I had to take drastic measures to change my eating habits, such as reducing my sugar intake and cutting out my much-loved bread and other carb-loaded foods.
I knew there were alternatives to everything I loved but never bothered to find out until a friend introduced me to the Banting diet. It caused me to become innovative and creative with meal preparation.
HEBA Bread in a mug
3 tablespoons of HEBA PAP
3 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a cereal bowl.
- Microwave for 90 seconds at 100%.
- Allow cooling before slicing.
(The recipe is taken from the packaging of HEBA PAP.)
- Spread both sides with cream cheese.
- Sliced tomato/cucumber/lettuce/ sliced cheese.
- Whatever takes your fancy!
Although the recipe is for a mug, I decided to use a cereal bowl in order to get a bun-shaped bread.