Unsolicited advice is better left unsaid, because the one seemingly in need of it; does not really need or want to hear it. I will give it anyway!
There certain things in life you are just going to have to:
* accept or reject.
* live with or without.
* learn through or suffer through.
* acknowledge or ignore.
* submit to or oppose vehemently.
* conclude or leave open-ended.
* applaud or criticize.
* be rained on or be deserted.
* to laugh or cry about.
* value or de-value.
* enable or disable.
The list of what you can do is endless, and the choice is yours no matter what the nature of the relationship – marital; parental; or whatever the case may be.
Fighting will –
* exhaust you.
* drain you emotionally, physically and mentally.
* steal your peace.
* rob you of your sanity.
* ‘fight’ the fact and set aside the emotion.
* prayer changes your perspective.
* you cannot change another.
* find the commonalities and build on them.
* you are stronger than you know.