This week had been one of those weeks, where you actually wished for more of everything- hours, days, energy, and whatever else could possibly make it more joyful.
Being a multi-tasker sans excellence I found myself over committed and misunderstood all at once! My week generally consists of work without play; and at times no pay! No pay when I work on things that yield minimal dividends, are endlessly repetitive and just drains me, like trying to catch at least one of the three puppies, which slip into the house as soon as you open the door!
When will I learn? Possibly when they are adult dogs…
The longest short week
1. The Flourless Baker – Generally not a problem but I had exhausted all my stock and had not had time to replenish anything! The only alternative was to buy from the retail store and make virtually no profit.
2. The Toastmaster – I earned my angel wings for being able to sit through all the speeches of my language class. I felt like screaming; pulling out my hair and falling asleep all at once. By grace I can confirm that I am still employed and managed to remain composed despite the inner turmoil.
3. The Misunderstood Baker– A dear client misunderstood my quote and it drove me nuts! Three layered became three tiers… And I very nearly lost it because she needed the cake in 48 hours but I couldn’t help or refer her to any baker; because of her limited budget.
4. Iyanla Save Our Meeting – I enjoy doing my civic duty through participation on forums and other necessary structures; but I hate going there to listen to a person who deserves a talk show (without guests!). Whatever we discuss becomes something they’ve experienced – we discussed sanitation! The question I begged to ask was, ‘What’s your experience as a toilet?’ Yip, that’s how little self control I had by Thursday!
5. Long walk to Friday – Peace and relaxation still eluded me; extra lessons, and waiting outside my kid’s school for my son serving detention! The fourth Friday in a row! The reasons are so obscure I won’t even bother to investigate, My advise to him has been to “stay invisible!” but if you’ve got that X-factor, you can’t hide your shine!
6. Saturday Uncanned– I embarked on cleaning everything that I usually remember about, once I am in bed – like the can opener!
So what have I learned? Besides the fact that I seem to be hard of learning; I should stop looking forward to the weekend because it announces the inevitable start of another week!