This has to be the easiest rusks to make. I am totally convinced that it is totally flop proof and can be made by any person, willing to try. The addition of coconut and pumpkin seeds gives it, a unique taste. They are as delicious, without the optional ingredients and slightly more economical.
Yummy Rusk Recipe
1 kg Nutty Wheat
500 ml buttermilk
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut (optional)
1/4 pumpkin seeds (optional)
2 cups brown sugar
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
2. Place the margarine in a saucepan and let it melt.
3. Add the milk to the melted and whisk together.
4. Slowly add to the dry ingredients and stir till fully incorporated.
5. Pour into a prepared oven pan and level using a fork.
6. Use a knife to trace finger sized portions.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius foe 30 minutes or use a knife to check if ready.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Use a knife to cut along finger sized portions.
9. Place on a baking tray and place in an oven for 4-5 hours at 80 degrees Celsius.
10. Delicious as is or dried.