My son and I went free styling on a muffin recipe, the result was a pumpkin and carrot loaf.
290g cake flour
150g brown bread flour
2 tsp baking powder
380 ml milk
a pinch of salt
40g brown sugar
3 large eggs
150 ml grated carrots and pumpkin
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk gently.
2.Place all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Place carrot and pumpkin in bowl of dry ingredients and stir gently to cover with flour mixture.
4. Add the liquid and stir carefully. Add milk if the mixture seems too dry.
5. Spoon into a loaf tin or jumbo muffin pan.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
* Dust with icing
* Spread cream cheese icing on top